3.11.2009

Pork Chops With Creamy Mushroom Gravy

Believe me when I tell you that this recipe is scrumptious! Sometimes, I like to just make something up when I cook. If you are like me, sometimes you try something and you think, "What in the heck was I thinking?". Other times you strike gold and discover you have a new favorite. Well, I will definitely be making this dish again.

Ingredients

  • 4-5 extra thick boneless pork chops
  • 1 tbsp butter
  • 1 tbsp olive oil
  • 1 clove garlic chopped
  • 1 can cream of mushroom soup
  • 1/2 cup water
  • 1/3 cup white wine
  • 1/4 tsp paprika
  • 1 tsp dried crushed rosemary or thyme
  • 1 tbsp milk or half and half
  • 1 tbsp flour
  • salt and pepper to taste
In a large saucepan melt the butter and oil, add the garlic and saute for a minute. Add your pork chops and brown well on each side. Add your soup, water, wine and spices. Cover, reduce heat and simmer 15-20 minutes. Whisk together your flour and milk and add to your pan. Simmer until sauce thickens a bit. Serve with rice or potatoes and some steamed veggies. So Good!! :0)

1 comment:

Kathy B! said...

Mmmm. This sounds good! I have some really great quality pork chop defrosting at the moment, as luck would have it.

I'm so glad I could get back over here again! I had visions of your beautiful apron and I couldnt.get.in. I thought my Britney had offended (and fwiw, I don't let the kids listen to that!!!! I picked them up at carpool and had been channel surfing before they got in the car... I should've hit the off button before they got in!)

Related Posts with Thumbnails