3.11.2009

Chicken and Corn Chowder

I really stink at taking pictures of my recipes! Anyway, I made this chowder last night and it was a crowd-pleaser, so I wanted to share.

Ingredients

  • 1-2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cooked and cubed
  • 2 large potatoes, peeled and diced
  • 2 cups frozen corn
  • 2 tbsp butter
  • 3 cups chicken stock (you can add a little more if need be.)
  • 1/2-2 cups half and half
  • 2 tbsp flour mixed with 2 tbsp of half and half
  • 1 clove garlic, chopped
  • 1/2 tsp onion powder
  • 1 tsp dried dill or 1 tbsp fresh dill
  • 1/4 tsp paprika
  • salt and pepper to taste
Cook and cube chicken (Personally, I think it's easiest to cook the chicken covered in the microwave.), In a large stock pot, melt the butter and then add your garlic; saute for a couple of minutes. Then, add your stock, potatoes, and chicken. Cook until potatoes are almost tender. Add your corn, spices, and half and half. Simmer (stirring occasionally) for about 10-15 minutes to allow all those lovely flavors to come together. Add your flour/half and half mixture and simmer (stirring occasionally) a couple more minutes to thicken. Serve with salad and biscuits or crusty bread. Yummy!
Serves 4-8 depending on just how hungry everyone is. :0)

3 comments:

Alicia The Snowflake said...

That sounds yummy! I might have to try it sometime soon. Thanks for sharing!

Julia said...

I am always looking for new yummy recipes!!! My kids are now eating soup now too! Yeah. I love soups and breads. Especially for dipping! Did you know you have your blog blocked when people (me) click on your profile?

Kathy B! said...

This sounds good, too. We have a black bean soup that I make quite often. I think this would me something that the whole family (shoot, I'll be honest -- THE KIDS -- as well as the adults) would love

I'll let you know how they turn out!

Related Posts with Thumbnails