2.06.2009

Mixed Fruit Smoothies

My daughter and I really love this smoothie! You can easily mix and match ingredients to your taste. This is what we are enjoying right now:

  • 1 cup orange juice
  • 1 8 oz container of Greek style honey yogurt (they carry this at Trader Joes)
  • 1/2 of a banana
  • 1 cup of frozen mixed fruit (We are using a blend of papaya, raspberries, and blueberries.)
  • 1 tbsp ground flax seed , optional (I like to add this for its great health benefits!)
Place all of the ingredients into the blender in this order and blend until smooth. Note: You may find you have to add more fruit or more liquid to get the desired consistency. This makes for a quick and healthy breakfast on a busy morning.

1 comment:

Pam Hawk said...

This sounds great. I'll have to try it.
I recently saw greek yogurts at (sit down for this...) Walmart.

Love your blog. I work with Brandy and she shared the link with me.
Cheers!

Related Posts with Thumbnails