2.06.2009

Cousin Ruth's Apple Cake

Okay, I am really not sure just who Cousin Ruth is, but my mom suggested I post this family recipe, so I thought I would.

You will need to pick up the following ingredients:

  • 4 cups of your favorite kind of baking apples, peeled and diced
  • 2 cups sugar (You can use a little less if you like.)
  • 1/2 cup vegetable oil
  • 3 eggs
  • 2 cups flour
  • 2 tsp baking soda
  • 1 tsp nutmeg
  • 2 tsp cinnamon
  • 1/2 tsp salt
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Next, grab a big bowl and add your sugar, eggs, and oil. Mix well. Then, toss the apples in and mix it up some more. In another bowl combine the flour, baking soda, nutmeg, cinnamon, and salt. Now pour this mixture into the big bowl with the apple mixture. Stir to combine. Pour into a greased 11x7 cake pan and bake for 50-60 minutes until an inserted toothpick comes out clean. Allow to cool a few minutes and serve warm with fresh whipping cream. Hmmm..... I was thinking.....What if I put a little brown sugar or molasses into this cake. I think I will give it a try.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails