2.05.2009

Easy Chicken Pot Pie

This is what I am making for dinner tonight. It is great on a cold winter evening. I like to serve it with a tossed salad.

I like to use the following:

  • 1 can cream of mushroom or cream of chicken soup
  • 1 large potato diced (I really like to use yukons)
  • 1 carrot diced
  • 1/2 cup frozen peas
  • 1 cup of cooked cubed chicken
  • 1/2 cup milk or half and half
  • 1 egg
  • 1 cup all-purpose baking mix
You will want to set your oven to 400 degrees for this recipe. Put your diced potatoes and carrots into a pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer until just tender. Drain. Get out a 9 inch pie pan and pour in your soup of choice, veggies and chicken. Stir the milk, egg and baking mix together in a small bowl. Spread this mixture over your other ingredients. Bake for 30 minutes or until your topping is golden. If you want to look like a little bit of a gourmet, sprinkle a 1/2 tsp of thyme or other herb into your batter before pouring over your other ingredients and top with a little sharp cheddar or some other fancy-schmancy cheese of your choosing, Mmmmm, Mmmmm good! BTW can someone please tell me if I spelled schmancy correctly? I tried to find it in the dictionary just to be sure, but I could not find it anywhere.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails