2.12.2009

Meal Calendar

I have never been great at setting up an organized meal menu. I am usually deciding on dinner that morning and I will have to run to the store to get a couple of items to add to what I already have. Tonight, for instance, I have decided to make a Chicken and White Bean Chili recipe that I found and I need to go pick up some chicken broth and some diced green chilies. Anyway, all of this rambling brings me back to what happened yesterday. I was making my daughter lunch for school for the next day and I got out some left overs out to put into a pocket bread and I couldn't quite remember which night we had this meal and whether it was still fit for consumption. It smelled okay. It looked okay. Was it okay? That made me think of a meal calendar. I wouldn't necessarily have to plan the meal in advance but I could jot down each day what we ate for dinner. This way I could see how long any leftovers had been in the fridge and discard them at the right time. What do you think of this idea? I just may be organized enough to remember to do this. We'll see.

2 comments:

Tara said...

Kim

I've used a meal calendar for years--noone nags me what's for dinner--they know--and I spend less!

BarbaraJean said...

Great idea, Kim!

Related Posts with Thumbnails