8.07.2009

The all and nothing Turkey burger

Do you ever have a night when nothing and everything sounds good and you're just at a total loss to figure out the answer to the question, "So what for dinner?"? Well, this was me tonight. I just started grabbing things out of the fridge and perusing the cupboards and one thing led to another and this is what became of it all.

This humble yet delectable turkey burger is full of all sorts of goodies like zucchini, jack cheese, cilantro, bread crumbs, garlic, onion, chili powder, cumin, salt, and pepper.



I also made up some yummy mayo using lemon, cilantro and garlic.



Lucky for me I had a tomato ready on the vine to put with my burger. Yum! There's just about nothing in this world as wonderful as a homegrown tomato. Don't you agree?!



I also had some fresh green beans ready as well. I didn't want my beans to feel left out so I threw a little dollop of my mayo on top of them too. I swear I saw one of them smile!

I chose to serve the burger up on some lightly toasted wheat sourdough bread.

This all and nothing burger turned out to be quite something! :0)

Print recipe

28 comments:

c a b b i e n a said...

yummylicious!!!

Jenn said...

Yummy turkey burger. I like the mayo you made to go along with this. Garlic and lemon. Yum!!

KennyT said...

What a stunning meal!!

Barbara Bakes said...

I always like it when my beans smile! Looks like a meal that would make me smile too!

Heather S-G said...

Sounds delightful!! These type of meals often turn out to be some of the best!! And YES on the homegrown tomatoes :D

Anonymous said...

Great recipe! My husband would love this. Great alternative to beef. Super duper flavors!
By the way...I AM IN LOVE WITH YOUR HEADER!!!! Gorgeous!!!!

NikonSniper said...

i love this blog. the photos somehow speak to me. love the music too. i feel so hungry!
nikonsniper steve

debra@dustjacket said...

I SO wish I had you cooking for me, I love what you ... just whip up, if only!
xxx

Julia said...

OMG. Turkey burgers are a food that I am somewhat of an expert on. MY KIDS LOVE THEM.

I kind of treat them like meatloaf and put in finely shredded carrots, a piece of bread, egg, sage, garlic, salt, and parsley. Finished with cheddar cheese they GOBBLE THEM.

I love them for a snack too. Mmmmmmm.

You probably know what I am thinking so I wont even write it...

Cucinista said...

Ha! I have those moments all the time. The Boyfriend comes in, finds me staring somewhat catatonically into an open fridge or cupboard, and knows not to ask "what's for dinner?"

Christo Gonzales said...

the cross section photo made my mouth water.....

ck said...

I WISH I could come up with something like this when nothing sounds good. But since I can't, I'll just bookmark this for the next time it happens!

(And this is the first summer that I've experienced the bliss of homegrown tomatoes and they are so fantastic that I've started eating them like apples.)

Katy ~ said...

Kim, dear, YOU make me smile!!

Queen B. said...

Wow....great post !!!!!!!!!!

Kathy Walker said...

Lovin' it! I am ready for dinner and it is still morning!

chow and chatter said...

yum i know the feeling also lol

Angie's Recipes said...

A mouthwatering treat!

Angie's Recipes

Anonymous said...

I do that, too. Look in my pantry and fridge and try to figure out what to make.

Talita said...

Yummm... Turkey burguer is so delicious! oh, I'm hungry!

Cathy said...

You had me at the mayo :)

Reeni said...

Looks yummy for not knowing what to make. Sometimes the best meals are made this way!

Faith said...

That looks like one tasty burger! Homegrown tomatoes are definitely SO MUCH better!

Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com said...

Hi Kim!
YUM - what a tasty looking burger. Your mayonnaise is what puts it over the edge for me. Sounds so delicious!

XOXO
Jen

pam said...

I see that green bean smiling!

♥peachkins♥ said...

That turkey burger and mayo sounds perfect!

NKP said...

That looks fabulous and exactly what I want to eat right now. Got any leftover? ;-)

nora@ffr said...

wow!! sound amazing!!!

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

Mmmmmmmm. Yes. I always love a good turkey burger!

Related Posts with Thumbnails