5.12.2009

Mixed Fruit Baked Oatmeal


I recently won an excellent new cookbook from My Tasty Treasures. It's called
Best Of taste of home. This cookbook is stuffed full and overflowing with fabulous recipes! I decided on this baked oatmeal. We ate it for breakfast and it was delightful!



I never can follow a recipe so once again I changed it up a bit.
Here is what I threw in:
  • 3 cups quick-cooking oats
  • 1 cup packed brown sugar
  • 2 tsp baking powder
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
  • 2 eggs, lightly beaten
  • 1 cup non-fat plain yogurt
  • 1/2 cup butter, melted
  • 3/4 cup apple, peeled and diced
  • 1/3 cup frozen mixed berries
  • 1/3 cup of canned diced apricots

In a large bowl mix together the oats, brown sugar, baking powder, and salt.


Just thought I would throw this diced apple photo in too!


In a smaller bowl combine the eggs, yogurt, and melted butter.


Add to your dry in ingredients and stir to combine.


Next, fold in your fruit. Pour into a greased 8 inch baking pan.


Bake at 350 degrees for 35-45 minutes until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
Serve warm.
When serving this you can pour a little milk over it if you wish.

Click Here for a printable version of this recipe.

~Oh So Yummy!~

25 comments:

Donna-FFW said...

Oh what a perfect choice to make. It looks scrumptious. I betit smelled wonderful in the oven. I am so glad you enjoy the book!

Sweta (My Indian Dietitian) said...

I love the fact that you added yogurt-it's just the perfect recipe for breakfast!!

Mary Bergfeld said...

My oatmeal does not look like that :). Yours is a work of art.

chow and chatter said...

its like flatjack as we say in England, yum

Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com said...

I love Taste of Home. That oatmeal is so fancy. My kids would love it. I make them the instant kind every morning. They would be so surprised if I pulled that out of the oven!

XOXO
jen

Ginger said...

I think this recipe sounds better than mine!! I love the yogurt in your recipe. The problem is I would probably EAT the whole darn thing!!

Unknown said...

I love any recipe that is easy . Yummy!

BarbaraJean said...

Wow! This one looks delicious... I love oatmeal. I will have to have my sis look at this recipe. She would really enjoy it.

Julia said...

Since I am a total granola type freak this recipe is going to the top of my must make list. And look at your followers!!! I remember when there were just a few of us. ;)

AiringMyLaundry said...

Yummy!!

I wish someone would make that for me.

Molly Anne said...

Planning a family camping trip soon and I think this would be PERFECT since breakfast is a "pot luck" sort of affair. I may not be able to wait that long to try it out though. :)

MsTypo said...

Can you adopt me so i can eat at your place everyday? I've never seen such yummy looking oatmeal. YUM!

Heather S-G said...

This sounds like a wonderful thing to wake up to.

Heidi said...

What a great sounding cookbook! That oatmeal is looking mighty tasty this morning!

Randi Troxell said...

i dont even like oatmeal and this actually looks yummy!

Alicia The Snowflake said...

Mmmmm. This does sound yummy! What a great way to start the day!

Dawn Parsons Smith said...

I love the Taste of Home cookbooks! I always find such fantastic recipes and actually make them! lol!

This looks perfect our Sunday breakfast! You are right! It looks very yummy!

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

I want that now! Sounds so delicious!

The Blonde Duck said...

So I'll have this for breakfast and the chicken fajita pasta for lunch...got it!

Kathy B! said...

Yum! I had to pause before commenting... to check and see if I had the ingredients. I am making this for breakfast tomorrow!! HOORAY!

If I don't do something stupid I might try to post some pics...

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

You have an award on our blog!

Sophie said...

Delicious! This gives a whole new meaning to the term healthy breakfast, it sounds like a yummy dessert :).

teresa said...

Ooooh, my family would go nuts over this, I love that you cut it into wedges, so yummy!

Kathy B! said...

I'm back again. I'm going to leave a comment every time I come back to look at this recipe until I finally make it. Maybe I can shame myself into getting my act together?! I'm shootin' for tomorrow...

Jen said...

this looks so good. I can't wait to make it. I came over from KathyB's place.

Related Posts with Thumbnails