2.05.2009

Mayonnaise Cake

My mom used to make this for dessert when money was tight.

To make this moist cake you will need:

  • 2 cups flour
  • 2 tsp. baking soda
  • 3 tbsp baking cocoa
  • 1 cup sugar (I like to use evaporated cane juice)
  • 1 cup mayonnaise
  • 1 cup cold water
  • 1 tsp vanilla
First, you will want to mix the flour, baking soda, and baking cocoa. Then, in a larger bowl, mix sugar, mayo, cold water, and vanilla. Next, add your dry ingredients to the mixture in the larger bowl. Beat until smooth. Pour into a greased cake pan and bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean. Allow to cool and top with whip cream or a frosting of your choice.

2 comments:

Milaana said...

Eating Mayonnaise Cake is one of my favorite childhood memories! I haven't had it in years! My kids are afraid to try it! :)

Ryan Ashley Scott said...

I totally just found my favorite post. My husband talks about mayonnaise cake from his childhood alllll the time, and I'd never heard of it before. I might actually make it tonight.

Related Posts with Thumbnails