10.01.2011

Cranberry White Chocolate Chip Cookies

IMG_2629
Yesterday I experienced something I haven't experienced since I was a senior in high school. I was stung...bitten...whatever...by a yellow jacket. That little bugger flew up my pant leg somehow and got me right on the ankle bone. I remember they used to get me all the time when I swam in my best friend's pool in the summertime. OUCH! Thank goodness for baking soda...and cookies! Cookies make everything better. Right?!

IMG_2626
This is one of my most favorite cookies. I make these at work and they are a huge hit with campers...and staff. These cookies are also fantastic in bar form!

Cranberry White Chocolate Chip Cookies
by theUngourmet

makes about 5 dozen cookies

Print recipe

2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 tbsp ground cinnamon
1 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
3/4 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 large eggs
2 cups dried cranberries
2 cups white chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a small bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. In an electric mixer, using the paddle attachment, beat the butter and sugars until creamy. Add the vanilla and eggs. Gradually add the flour mixture. Add the cranberry and chips.

Scoop tablespoon sized portions onto a baking sheet (spaced about 1" apart) and bake for 9-11 minutes until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.

Hope you all had a fabulous week. Remember to steer clear of those darn bees! ;)

Happy Weekend!



25 comments:

Gloria Baker said...

These cookies look delicious I love cranberry! gloria

Tanna said...

I love cranberries and white chocolate!! Yum! I am so sorry you were stung! Those buggers hurt so bad! But, you are right that these cookies would help the pain! ;) blessings ~ Tanna

pam said...

Cranberries and white chocolate chip sound like the perfect combination. Boo to getting stung!

jacqueline said...

Dearest sweet kim, i love cranberry and chocolate chip cookies! These look really yummieeee! Thanks so much for sharing...im gonna ask my mister if he will make it for me. :) Have a lovely merry happy weekend and love to you!

Joanne said...

I've been stung twice and it really stinks. What does the baking soda do?

these cookies look amazing! I can feel the christmas spirit already. :)

Katarina said...

What a great combination and they look delicious! The cookies will surely help the pain!

theUngourmet said...

Joanne- You can make a paste with baking soda and water and apply it to the sting and it helps with pain and supposedly helps to pull the poison out. :)

Velva said...

Yes! Cookies do make everything right-especially these type of cookies. Love it.

Yikes about he sting. The wasp probably knew you had cookies and were not planning to share with him (smile).

Happy Sunday to you.

Velva

Jeannie said...

Sorry to hear about your mishap, glad you are fine now:) THose cookies certainly look like comfort food to me!

Sprigs of Rosemary said...

This cookie has become a new Christmas classic in our family . . . sorry about the sting. I would have taken a Benadryl(or two) and been on the couch for a few hours! (And hoping for a cookie when I woke up.)

Barbara Bakes said...

This is one of our favorite cookies too. Sorry about getting stung. It's amazing our something so little can cause so much pain.

Kim said...

Yikes - Sorry to hear about the bee sting. Cookies are definitely a great way to ease the pain though. I've been wanting to try a version of this and when I do I think I'll try it in the bar version like you mentioned. They look great!

Monica said...

Sounds yummy :) Sorry about the bee sting though :(

Rita said...

Just dropped in from Pam;s blog; congratulations! these cookies look so good and also love your zucchini muffins!
Rita

Natalie said...

I've made these before too--sometimes with oats--and people always love them!

sorry about your sting :(

Claudia said...

These cinnamon scented lovelies do indeed make bad things go away. Sorry about the sting - they can be sneaky little bees.

BuyRiftAccounts said...

Yummm! Can I have all of those cookies? :P Sounds so yummy with the cranberries on it.

Buy Rift Accounts

Cathy at Wives with Knives said...

Hi Kim - Sorry about your bee sting. I hate those darn yellow jackets. I haven't seen many of them this year. They used to plague us at the market. Hope all is well with you. Cookies make most things better. At least temporarily anyway.

The Blonde Duck said...

They'd make me feel better! I hate those things!

Pam said...

Great looking cookies, Kim!

Check out my post for Oct. 3, you'll love it!!!

Nutmeg Nanny said...

Darn yellow jackets! I hope you are feeling better.

The cookies look great. They would make anyone feel better!

Anonymous said...

I love the idea of these in bar form! I might try these with dried cherries, too! I love those!

Why is it that yellow jackets just adore chlorine soaked children? We used to run from the bees when we were little, too!

Angie's Recipes said...

Love the combination! Those cookies look so good.

Monet said...

Delicious. I broke my arm...so I can't type much but wanted to know that I'm still reading your lovely blog. You make me smile, as always. Blessings and love!

MegSmith @ Cooking.In.College said...

Wow cranberries and white chocolate sound like a perfect combo for cookies! I love the tart aspect mixed with the creamy sweet of the chocolate. Definitely must make. Sorry about your sting!

Related Posts with Thumbnails