7.05.2011

Stawberry Mango Trifles

DSC08390

I hope you all enjoyed a wonderful 4th of July with family and friends. Summer has finally arrived here and I'm just loving all of the blue skies and sunshine. Life is good!

Dessert is good too...of course. This is a quick and easy...and pretty dessert that is perfect for summer get-togethers. It's especially easy to throw together last minute if you bake a couple of cakes ahead of time and stick them into your freezer. Then you just pull out your cake, cut it up and make layers of fresh fruit of your choice and fresh sweetened whipping cream. I think it looks so nice when layered in a wine or champagne glass.

DSC08389

Strawberry Mango Trifles
by theUngourmet

serves 40+

Print recipe

1 13 x 9 inch vanilla cake, chilled and cut into bite sized pieces
6 fresh mangoes, diced
4 pints fresh strawberries, sliced
1/2-2/3 cup sugar
1/2 gallon heavy whipping cream
1/2-3/4 cup powdered sugar
2 tbsp vanilla extract

Place the fruit into a large bowl and toss with the sugar. With and electric mixer,whip the cream, powdered sugar and vanilla. In each wine or champagne glass layer cake, whipped cream, fruit, and more whipped cream.

We actually ended up garnishing these with a strawberry fan and they turned out just beautifully.

Hope you are enjoying your summer. :)





Share/Bookmark

15 comments:

BarbaraJean said...

Kim, these are so lovely! I love fancy little desserts. I had a wonderful 4th and am really enjoying our recent Oregon sunshine!

Jeannie said...

Those look delicious! Manggoes are one of my favorite fruits and the strawberries of course, but it's easier to get manggoes here.

Katarina said...

What a lovely dessert!

Maris(In Good Taste) said...

These are wonderful! Simple, easy, versatile and healthy too!

Ana Rita Marreiros said...

Such a beautifull cup!!!!Wonderful and fresh desert...

Kisses,
Rita

Monica said...

These look so good and summery :) My daughter loves mangoes, and so I know this would be a hit for her.

Molly Anne said...

Strawberry and mango - two of my favorite fruits! This looks delicious. I love my dessert with lots of fruit.

AllThingsYummy said...

Yum, so beautiful and delicious.

Joanne said...

These trifles look so good! I've really been on a mango kick lately and I want one of these!

Mimi said...

So simple and elegant.
Mimi

Julia said...

Just bought a flat of peaches. They would work great in this too, I think. But do the kidzillas deserve it?????

theUngourmet said...

Julia- Peaches would be awesome too! :)

Monet said...

Hi Kim! I love desserts like this. We all need simple, fresh sweet treats during these hot summer months. Thank you for sharing this with me today. I hope you have a blessed week with good food, laughter and love. Hugs from Austin!

Desi said...

What a beautiful display! And perfect for summer :) I wanted to let you know about my cookbook giveaway that is going on right now until July 16th. Stop on by to enter! Hope you are having a great week :)

http://steaknpotatoeskindagurl.blogspot.com/2011/07/my-first-giveaway.html

Jo said...

This looks so good. It looks like something that is amazing without making you go into sugar shock. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails