3.26.2010

Morning Granola Muffins

I was at the library the other day perusing the cookbook section, when I spotted the cutest cookbook ever. It's little, fat, pink and just bursting with cupcake and muffin recipes. It's called 500 Cupcakes. I have got to pick this one up at the bookstore. Four weeks isn't nearly enough time to explore this wondrous gem!

IMG_8724

It was hard to decide which recipe to try first. When I saw the Morning Granola Muffin recipe I knew it was a great place to start. I had just purchased dried apricots at Trader Joe's and had a full jar of Mohawk Valley Trading Company Raw Orange Blossom Honey.

IMG_8741

These are so hearty and wholesome. They are full of whole grain, fruit, nuts, honey...

IMG_8738

You will love 'em!

IMG_8744

morning granola muffins
adapted from 500 cupcakes

Print recipe

1 cup finely chopped dried apricots
1 1/4 cups granola (I used honey and almond)
2 1/4 cups whole wheat pastry flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup orange juice
1/2 cup canola oil
3/4 cup orange blossom honey
2 eggs

Preheat oven to 350. Lightly oil 18 muffin cups.

Whisk together the apricots, granola, flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl. Set aside. In a large bowl, beat the juice, oil, honey and eggs with an electric mixer until combined. Add the flour mixture to the egg mixture and stir just until combined.

Fill muffin cups about 1/2 full. Bake for about 18 minutes. Remove from oven and cool for 5 minutes. Remove muffins from pans and allow to cool on a wire rack.

These are perfect for a quick, on-the-go breakfast!




Share/Bookmark

28 comments:

Jeannie said...

Yummy muffins! very healthy too and so easy to make:D Need to look for granola...

Angie's Recipes said...

I am very sure these muffins taste wonderful as they contain so many good quality ingredients! Love that orange blossom honey!

Joanne said...

That cookbook sounds addictive! definitely purchase-worthy.

These look so yummy! I love that they have orange blossom honey...what a great hit of flavor.

Cathy said...

You've made a muffin convert out of me, Kim. A tasty, muffin, full of all kinds of healthy stuff, is a great way to start the day. And perfect with that steamy cup of coffee.

Inspired by eRecipeCards said...

I so much love local honey... great for you

Valerie Harrison (bellini) said...

What a great way to start the morning!!!

Mhel said...

I love muffins with my frothy banana cappucino. I beg to disagree that your recipes are ungourmet.... They're great! And I'm looking forward for more of your recipes. I'm following you now..

Found you on SITS! Happy Cooking!!

Cindy said...

I love good breakfast muffin full of wholesome ingredients, and those fits the bill nicely! I'll make sure to try those soon.

Jenn said...

500 cupcakes?! I want that book. Imagine if you made a recipe each day? All the yummy supply of cupcakes. hahaha... Delicious. i think I need brunch right now.

Janice said...

I love love love apricots and honey, these look fab.

Angie said...

Great looking muffins, I love orange blossom honey, thankfully its cheap here in central florida

Katy ~ said...

I LOVED the 3rd photo with the sunlight kissing those glorious granola muffins. YUM YUM YUM A keeper.

teresa said...

oh how yummy! enjoy that book!

Susan said...

Where do I get that kind of honey?

susan

tasteofbeirut said...

Kim

These are just what I would love for starting my day! Plus I like that the muffins use orange juice in the batter; can't go wrong with all these fabulous ingredients, can you?

Jamie said...

Now this is just the type of breakfast treat I need now that husband has decided to go all healthy on me! They sound delicious and look so moist for a "healthy" muffin! And the cookbook sounds fabulous! And love your blog's new look!

Unknown said...

These look excellent (and I happen to have loads of granola sitting in the pantry).
*kisses* HH

♥peachkins♥ said...

I love granola...I'm sure I'm gonna love these muffins..

Lisa said...

Sounds tremendous! I am really into dried apricots lately. They look and taste like spring. With a touch of honey they would be perfect for breakfast... or dessert.

figtree said...

What a yummy muffin..Ill make them next weekend.

Faith said...

These muffins look filling and healthy, the perfect way to start the day! I could spend hours in the cookbook section of the library, lol! :)

Chef Aimee said...

I love each and every ingredient in this! Thank you for sharing this!

Rhiannon Bosse said...

Fabulous recipe and photos. Love the little honey stick too hehe that's my fave part Kim! xo

Xiao Yen Recipes said...

I've never had orange blossom honey but it sure look delicious. What a healthy and yummy recipe. Great with a cup of tea.

jacqueline said...

WOW these muffins looks really yummie and very healthy! It's always such wonders exploring and visiting you here at your lovely blog! Thanks so much for finding such wonderful recipe! Have a lovely merry happy week and love to you!

MaryMoh said...

I love these muffins. They just look healthy and delicious...mmmm

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

I love the idea of using dried apricots!

Taylor said...

oh yum! those look fantastic. it's funny...i actually have a bag of dried apricots in my pantry waiting to be used, and i also have the 500 cupcakes book and haven't made anything from it yet. there are almost too many cupcakes/muffins to choose from!

Related Posts with Thumbnails