6.08.2009

BSI: Blogger Secret Ingredient


Jenn from Bread + Butter was kind enough to ask me to host the next BSI (Blogger Secret Ingredient). I was more than thrilled! Below you will find a list of past blogger hosts and their secret ingredient of choice.


But first, the "how-to" of BSI:

*Make or create a recipe that uses the chosen ingredient by Sunday night (June 14th, 2009).

*Post about it and link back to me. If you don’t have a blog, you may email me your recipe at:
kkautto@yahoo.com

*Comment on this post so I know that you've entered.

*Most importantly...have fun.

So without further adu, let me introduce this week's secret ingredient:

Watermelon!



So, everyone join me and get cookin'! I can't wait to see what we all come up with!


Week 34: The Ungourmet - Watermelon

Week 33: Bread + Butter - Bell Pepper

Week 32: Burp and Slurp - Corn

Week 31: Say Yes to Salad – Kabocha

Week 30: Thinspired – Bananas

Week 29: To Be The Whole Package – Almonds

Week 28: Kristas Kravings – Lemon

Week 27: From French Fries To Flax Seeds – Coconut

Week 26: Plentiful Plants – Avocado

Week 25: Training Fuel – Eggs

Week 24: Dinner at Christina’s – Cabbage

Week 23: Hey What’s for Dinner, Mom? – Strawberries

Week 22: One Bite at a Time – Basil

Week 21: Just Sweet Enough – Black Beans

Week 20: What I Ate Yesterday – Kale

Week 19: What’s for Dinner – Orange

Week 18: BranAppetit! – Spinach

Week 17: Tales of Expansion – Dates

Week 16: Biggest Diabetic Loser – Zucchini

Week 15: Sweet & Natural – Peppermint

Week 14: bella eats [and runs] – Ginger

Week 13: Coffee Talk – Walnuts

Week 12: For the Love of Oats – Pumpkin

Week 11: Trying to Heal – Sweet Potatoes

Week 10: The Inner Workings of a College Graduate – Eggplant

Week 9: Itzy’s Kitchen – Pears

Week 8: The Fitnessista – Cranberries

Week 7: Tri to Cook – Lentils

Week 6: Rhodey Girl Tests – Polenta

Week 5: Eating Bender – Butternut Squash

Week 4: Care to Eat – Apples

Week 3: On a Lobster Placemat – Mushrooms

Week 2: Hangry Pants – Tomatoes

Week 1: Sportsnutritionliving – Quinoa


Entries Thus Far:

Linda with Watermelon Pico de Gallo

Bread + Butter with Watermelon Vinaigrette

Girlchef with Watermelon Margaritas

One Perfect Bite with Watermelon and Watercress Salad with Ginger

Biggest Diabetic Loser with Watermelon BBQ Sauce

Plentiful Plants with Watermelon Ice Cream

Gayle with Ginger Watermelon Granita

5 Star Foodie with Coriander Grilled Chicken and Watermelon Salad with Ginger- Lemongrass Dressing

26 comments:

Jenn said...

Ooooo....Awesome choice!!!! Now I've got think of something with watermelon!!

The Blonde Duck said...

I would have been so lost!

Ginger said...

This sounds like so much fun. AND I just bought a big watermelon. Hmmm. . . . I am putting my culinary thinking cap on! Thanks for hosting this.

Dajana said...

Love your choice.

Anonymous said...

I love watermelon... I don't have any fab ideas though!

I just wanted to let you know that I tried one of your recipes (chicken gyros) and refrenced you on my blog!
Hope you don't mind!
Leah

Alicia The Snowflake said...

Oh how interesting! You're so creative. I can't wait to see what you come up with!

Sweta (My Indian Dietitian) said...

Wow-I hope I can save some watermelon to create a dish out of it!!If I don't send an entry,you'll know how the watermelon ended up ;)

The Gourmet Foodie said...

How about some Watermelon Salsa!
The Post is here!

3 Bay B Chicks said...

Wow! What a range of secret ingredients that have been featured. I think you might have a challenging food with watermelon, but if anyone can do it, Kim, you can. :)

-Francesca

Katherine Roberts Aucoin said...

I wouldn't have known what to do!

Donna-FFW said...

What a terrific choice!

chow and chatter said...

this is an interesting one, looking forward to peoples ideas

Anonymous said...

Great ingredient choice! I've seen some very interesting recipes with watermelon this season already, can't wait to see more!

Heather S-G said...

Good choice (even though I don't like watermelon)...I recently came across a watermelon recipe that I thought I might be able to stomach...get back to ya ;)

Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com said...

Wow - how cool. I can't wait to see what you come up with for watermelon. YUM!

XOXO
Jen

Julia said...

So I was really eating watermelon just 15 minutes ago. It's not the same as a cupcake but oh well. I cant have my cake and eat it too I am guessing!

Tomorrow I am posting you and your grill. :) I am hungrier than ever even after the WM! Your pasta looks so good. I think I am going to make it this week too. :)

Also...as an after thought. I am going to try to make a Spanish Tortilla. As in the egg and potato dish. We have so many of these darn chicken eggs I have to use them up, and they just keep coming. One tortilla takes 8 eggs. This is the Tapas kind of preparation. Wish me luck.

AiringMyLaundry said...

Ooo very cool!

Watermelon rocks.

MsTypo said...

I love watermelon!!

Linda said...

OK...posted and linked!! Can't wait to see what some of the other entries are!

Reeni said...

I'm stumped!!!

Ryan Ashley Scott said...

What a fun contest and carnival! Makes me want some watermelon...

RhodeyGirl/Sabrina said...

so excited to see what everyone comes up with!

Anonymous said...

I made some icy cool Watermelon Ice Cream this afternoon!

It's here: http://plentifulplants.wordpress.com/2009/06/13/fruits-and-peanuts/

Anonymous said...

I posted my BSI recipe tonight - watermelon bbq sauce!

Great idea to pick this ingredient, especially in the beginning of summer!

http://biz319.wordpress.com/2009/06/14/bsi-watermelon/

Anonymous said...

I just posted my watermelon recipe (Ginger Watermelon Granita).

What a fun ingredient to work with!

Thanks
Gayle
http://gaylemade.wordpress.com

Anonymous said...

Just posted mine (sorry it's a bit late) - http://fivestarfoodie.blogspot.com/2009/06/coriander-grilled-chicken-and.html

Thank you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails