5.07.2009

Spicy Chili Chicken Wrap with Lemon Cilantro Mayo


Tonight is my Mother-In-Law's Birthday Party and I have been busy trying my hand at making homemade Lemon Cream Cupcakes so I haven't had a lot of time to think about dinner. I opened the fridge, peeked around and came up with this tasty little wrap. I will definitely make it again!

I have to tell you that baking is not my strong suit! My frosting came out a tad runny but the cupcakes tasted incredible! I will put this up soon!




I marinaded the chicken in a little Lemon Juice, Olive Oil, Chili Powder, Tabasco, Garlic, Salt and Pepper. I threw the chicken on the grill. Then, I layered Lettuce, Chicken, Shredded Cheese, and the Mayo on a Flour Tortilla and wrapped it all up!


I served it up with this amazing Lemon Cilantro Mayo!


Oh, for the Love of Cilantro!!

Here is what went into this yummy mayo!
  • 1/2 cup mayo
  • juice from 1/2 a lemon
  • 1/2 tsp minced garlic
  • 2 tbsp chopped cilantro
  • a few dashes of Tabasco
Combine all of the ingredients in a small bowl and refrigerated for at least an hour to allow the flavors to come together.

~I know you will enjoy this easy little wrap!~

16 comments:

Leslie said...

I'm going to try this Lemon Cilantro Mayo the next time I want some mayo. My family will think I'm going all gourmet on them! Hee hee!

Mary Bergfeld said...

That mayonaisse is outstanding. Your photos ar, as usual, beautiful.

The Blonde Duck said...

I bet these would be great with fish too--I'm a taco loving fool. You have no idea how happy I am!

Donna-FFW said...

What a terrific flavored mayonnaise. And the marinade sounds wonderful. Delicious!

Susie said...

What a yummy quick whip up!!

Mimi said...

Hmmm, cilantro isn't my thing so I might try with basil.

Ginger said...

I would put Cilantro on top of ice cream! I love your wraps. I need to try and do something else with Flour Tortillas besides filling them with taco meat. I am making the mayo today! Have a great weekend.

teresa said...

I love wraps, adn the mayo looks like it adds SO much flavor!

MaRiN said...

Found you on SITS... these wraps look delicious!

Sweta (My Indian Dietitian) said...

Easy and so filling!!! Love wraps :)

Sophie said...

Very fresh and tasty, especially that cilantro-mayo :).

Kathy B! said...

LEMON CILANTRO MAYO!!!

I think we've established my love for all things cilantro realted. This mayo would be great on soo many things. I never would have thought of this myself.

Heather S-G said...

This would make an awesome b-day meal...I'm lovin' the lemon cilantro mayo!

Kathy said...

Garlic, lemon, cilantro... Yep, I'm trying it!!!

Sandra :) said...

My chicken breasts are currently marinating in olive oil/lemon juice/garlic/salt/pepper/chili powder/tabasco sauce, the tortillas are defrosting on the counter and I'm about to make some of that lemon cilantro mayo - we're having these wraps for supper tonight - yours look DIVINE!

Sandra :) said...

YEP it was divine!! I caught one of my guys scraping the leftover lemon cilantro mayo off of the spoon with a knife so he could get every last bit onto his chicken, LOL. I'm going to try making potato salad with that mayo - it was delicious!

Related Posts with Thumbnails